The gruesome murder Ahmed Hussein- Suale a key partner of investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas, is still breaking hearts in Ghana and on the international scene.
Ahmed was sadly murdered in cold blood on the night of Wednesday, January 16, 2019, in Madina, Accra.
His assailants were said to have been seen lurking in the area from afternoon 3:15 p.m. that fateful day, monitoring every move of Ahmed, and eventually killed him in the evening.
This was according to an eyewitness who narrated thoroughly how the murdered happened as earlier
Following the murder, dikoder.com has gone behind the scene to gather more information about Ahmed, and here are six facts we have found so far:
1. Wives: dikoder.com has learnt that Ahmed had two wives and a number of children at the time of his death.
Though we cannot verify exactly the number of children, reports hint that there are about four or five of them.
2. Family knowledge of job: It has also been gathered that though the family knew Ahmed was a trained journalist, they never knew he worked as an investigative journalist with Anas.
It was after Kennedy Agyapong leaked his photos in the media that the family got to know he worked with Anas. His friends did not know as well.
According to one of them who spoke in a video seen by dikoder.com it was after Agyapong’s action that the friends started calling him to find out if he indeed worked with Anas.
The friend admitted that he, in particular, was really shocked at the revelation.
3. Pious Muslim: Ahmed has also been described as a pious Muslim. In a video sighted by dikoder.com in which his family and friends spoke about him, Ahmed was said to be never missing from the mosque during prayer times.
According to this particular friend who spoke, “Ahmed honoured all his prayer times”; adding that he was an excellent example for the youth.
4. Down to earth: Despite Ahmed’s job as a celebrated investigative journalist, he was still seen mingling with his friends.
According to the friend quoted above, Ahmed was eating together with them even after they got to know the kind of person he was in terms of his job.
He also said Ahmed played with them just like they had done growing up. He was even in their company since afternoon till he was killed later in the evening that day.
5. Skillful driver: From the information gathered so far, it has also come to the fore that the late Ahmed was a skillful driver.
For instance, during the attack on him by the gunmen, he was said to have driven backwards in an attempt to dodge from the killers and save his life.
In so doing, he crashed into a salon across the road, where his killers followed him to and fired the last shot in the neck killing him instantly
6. Compassionate and kind: “Whenever we were making contribution for our friends for a funeral or other thing, he would either pay the whole amount or be the highest contributor,” said a friend of Ahmed who spoke with the media.
He further described him as a kind and compassionate person who was also willing to help others when called on.
He decried his premature death and said Ahmed would be missed greatly.
Meanwhile, the police have started investigations into the murder, assuring the public of getting to the roots of the matter.
In an earlier report by dikoder.com, the police said the investigation is ‘rigorous’, disclosing that NPP MP for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, and former president of GFA, Kwesi Nyantakyi, have been interrogated and statements taken from them in relating to the murder.
Ahmed was said to have raised concerns about attacks on his life with a Whatsapp message he sent to a journalist platform which he belonged to.
He was laid to rest on Friday, January 18, 2019, according to the Islamic custom.