Minority leader, Haruna Iddrisu has slammed President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for not telling Ghanaians the country’s current debt stock in his first State of the Nation’s Address (SoNA) of his second term delivered on Tuesday, 9 March 2021 before parliament.
President Akufo-Addo, while delivering the address, described his government as “good managers of the economy and we are good protectors of the public purse”, in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reacting to the address, Mr Iddrisu wondered why the state of the country’s debt was left out of the President’s address.
The Minority leader said;
1. No mention was made on the total National Debt as was the case in 2017.
2. No mention was made of the controversial LGBTQ.
3. No clear cut blue print on how to combat Corruption and galamsey.
4. No mention was made on the Killing of innocent unarmed civilians by the police and military during the Dec 7th Elections and Collation.
5. No mention was made on the current Power outages and government plans to avert that.
6. No mention was made on the progress of investigations into the Murder of Ahmed Suale and the Media will be quite.
7. No mention on the condition of work (salaries) of workers in general because there hasn’t been salary adjustments this year January as happens every year maybe the budget will capture that.
8. No mention on the closure of Radio Stations
9. No mention of Daniel Yao Domelovo and his great exploits at the Auditor General Department and how he Akuffo Addo contributed to the sacking of the Auditor General.
10. No mention on the general state of insecurity especially when women cannot go and buy tomatoes from Burkina Faso again
Empty State of the Nation’s Address No Vision, No Hope. Sad day for Ghana an Democracy.
GOD SAVE US
Dikoder.com is not responsible for any featured or opinions reportage of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Send your news articles to firstname.lastname@example.org and via WhatsApp on +233 558 191 562.