Today, on the 9th March, 2021 President of the Republic of Ghana Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo-Addo has delivered his long awaited state of the nation address in his second term of office.
The impact of covid-19 on our countries economy, has caused a lot of harm to Ghanaian’s. At the outbreak of covid-19 Ghanaian’s lost their jobs due to this pandemic. The government has done a lot to put the lives of Ghanaian’s into a good shape during and before the outbreak of covid-19.
This has lead to the President to impress and give hope to Ghanaian’s and that is being done through the President’s address to the nation. Below are the down break of the President’s address to the nation:
1.Government to link National ID to sim card’s.
2. Government to link National ID to all other identification documents.
3. Ghana’s GDP is expected to grow by 5% in 2021 despite the outbreak of covid-19.
4. Government to establish 14 medical waste treatment facilities, to ensure a better disposal of our medical waste.
5. Government to start the construction of 100 bed regional hospital.
6. Government to build two psychiatric hospitals in Ghana starting from 2021.
7. Over 100,000 nurses are recruited in my first term of Governance.
8. 14,600,000 piece’s of PPE’s has been distributed to Ghanaian’s.
9. Under the 1D1F 232 projects almost complete.
10. Thousands of vehicles assembled in Ghana by VW, and 400 vehicles produced by Kantanka.
11. Ghana has experienced no food shortage in the country despite the outbreak of covid-19.
12. Government to increase tertiary enrollment from 18% to 40% in this year.
13. 32 TVET institutions to be built across the country.
14. I congratulate the Black Satellites on their victory.
This address of the nation, to Ghanaian’s has given Ghanaian’s a reason to Jubilate because it entails everything that would promote and create jobs for Ghanaian’s.